We are pleased to inform you that the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe is launching a call for participants to a youth activity within the 2014 edition of the World Forum for Democracy: "From participation to influence: can youth revitalise democracy?, which will take place in Strasbourg on 31st October-6th November 2014.
As a result of this call, 300 young people, out of 75 which non-European, will be selected to participate in a youth meeting prior to the World Forum (31st October-3rd November, and to the World Forum itself (3rd-5th November).
Selected participants will work together on an online platform between July and October to explore the concept of democracy, share existing good practices and develop new prototypes of democracy.
This year, we want young people to go beyond existing challenges in order to DREAM DEMOCRACY.
In order to apply, you should:
- Be aged 16-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be resident in one of the 50 signatory States of the European Cultural Convention of the Council of Europe; 75 places will be made available for participants from other regions outside the European continent;
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society Democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be supported by a youth organisation or network or informal group working on democracy; some non-organised individuals will also be accepted;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions of democracy;
- Be ready to dream democracy;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum on Democracy and the preparation process before.
You will find the detailed presentation of the event as well as the call for applicants on the following link: http://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms/World-Forum-for-Democ...
Please note that your application should be composed of both an online filled-in application form AND a short video. All detailed instructions can be found on the website notably the need for your reference letter if you represent an organization.
The deadline for applications in Sunday 22nd June!!!
For more information about the World Forum for Democracy, please look here.
Do not hesitate to disseminate this information to all your network.
We are looking forward to reading your applications!
The EYF Team