FEMYSO in partnership with the European Youth Center Budapest of the Council of Europe are pleased to announce that applications for #ReclaimYourNarrative Media Study Session are now open!
This study session aims to empower you with the knowledge to critically examine current narratives about Muslims in Europe while providing you with the tools and resources to help reclaim your narrative.
When: 4th – 8th March, 2019
Where: European Youth Centre, Budapest
Cost: All Expenses Covered, €50
Ernrollment fee Deadline: 31st December 2018
The study session is based on the methodology of non-formal education. The 5-days programme will include:
- Understanding narratives and their impact
- How to come up with your own media plan
- Producing your own creative project
- Training on how to produce effective blogs, vlogs and podcasts
- Insights from prominent influencers and experts in the field
- Understanding Human Rights and the work of European Institutions
- Be between the age of 18 – 30 years old.
- Be able to actively participate in a vibrant team.
- From a Council of Europe member state.
- Be able to attend the whole duration of the session between the 4th and 8th of March.
- Have experience of voluntary work
- Have the initiative and determination to contribute towards changing and reclaiming the narrative.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity that will equip you with the theoretical and practical skills necessary to push the narrative on the issues affecting you and your community
Complete the application form now
Spaces are limited, register today.
Please Note: As part of this application we require applicants to submit a piece of creative content which puts across their understanding of the current narratives that impact young Muslims in their local community or country. These submissions can be in any format, the key element is that it needs to be original and as interesting as possible.
Whether it be a short video, a poem, a podcast or any other creative piece of content. This is an opportunity for you to put across your narrative on your own terms.
All pieces should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org – mentioning your name in the subject line of the email.
Videos must be limited to 2 mins. Please submit via a WeTransfer Link to email@example.com
Written Submissions must be limited to 400 words
Audio Submissions must limited to 5 mins. Please submit via a WeTransfer Link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Monday 31st December 2018, 23:59 (CET).
Expenses include travel, accommodation, and food are all covered by the project. Travel reimbursements will be made after the project (please note nominal €50 of participation fee will be deducted from your travel reimbursement). If you are selected and in case you are not able to book your own ticket, please contact us so we may look into the possibility of pre-booking your ticket. Please note that FEMYSO cannot re-book any lost flight.
For any questions, please email: email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!